By definition, forensics involves the use of scientific knowledge as it pertains to, is connected with, or used in courts of law or public discussion. BWS has provided expert testimony on a number of cases which ended up in court, arbitration or where our data was used by third parties for investigative purposes. Our involvement in forensic acoustics includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ammunitions testing per military standards for the U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for broadband peak noise emissions of high calibre weaponry (‘Door Breachers’ and ‘Flash Bangs’)
- Crime scene ballistics testing for the GBI for a murder investigation
- Shooting range and quarry blast noise assessments for the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and local governments
- Highway, airport, power plant and race track environmental noise impact surveys, assessments and testimonies
- Specialized standards testing of sound power, sound intensity, sound pressure and narrowband sources as per ISO, ASTM and ANSI specifications
For expert work, our goal has always been to provide clients with unbiased opinions so they can make critical decisions prior to trial. Sometimes this means we are passed up for other experts that are apt to tell the client what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear. Our principle has always been to remain unbiased so the law may work as intended.